Can A Virtual Golf Game Get More Realistic Than WGT Golf?
When you download WGT Golf, you can play virtual golf on several major championship golf courses, including The Olympic Club (host of multiple United States Open Championships), Saint Andrews (host of multiple Open Championship tournaments), and Valhalla G.C. (host of multiple PGA Championships). Each course is rendered in ultra-fine detail, and you can choose from multiplay gameplay modes.
- Major Championship Golf Courses – Whether you want to play a quick 9-hole round at Celtic Manor or simulate the Ryder Cup at Kiawah Island, you can do it all in WGT Golf. This game features more than 12 unique famous golf courses, including newcomers like Bandon Dunes and Chambers Bay.
- Multiple Shot Types – Work your way around the course with multiple stances and shot types, including high-flying flop shots to land your ball softly on the green and low-flying punch shots to keep the ball below the wind.
- Realistic Putting – The courses that you can play have some of the most challenging greens in the world, but this game captures every subtle break and texture. Experience the thrill of correctly reading a double-breaker with the game’s signature putting engine.
- This game has a lot of realistic features to give you a true virtual golfing experience. For example, you can equip your golfer with clubs from all of the game’s major name brands, including Titleist, Ping, and TaylorMade. When you are playing a links course, for example, you can replace hybrid woods with long-irons to help you shoot a lower score.
- There are a ton of courses to choose from in this game. You have virtual access to some of the world’s most exclusive country clubs and resorts, including Congressional and Pebble Beach.
- The graphics are excellent. They make you feel like you’re truly on the course.
- As one of the best free golfing apps available, the gameplay is substantially smoother than most golfing game apps that you have to pay for.
- You need excellent hardware to run the game’s elaborate graphics engine. If your mobile device is older or having issues, this app is probably not going to be your choice for a golf game.
- Some of the multiplayer modes in the WGT Golf app can be a bit choppy. When other people leave in the middle of the game, the app doesn’t always register this fact. It doesn’t forfeit their turn, so you have to wait on players who are no longer in the game.
- You do need to pay to purchase some of the special golf clubs available from the WPT Pro Shop. However, you can play the entire game with the standard set of clubs.
A Few Final Thoughts On The WGT Game
All in all, golf games don’t get any better than this app. The graphics are so real that they make you feel like you’re making the turn at Augusta. To go along with that, the gameplay doesn’t miss any crucial details either. It’s an excellent choice to download the WGT Golf so you can enjoy this game today.