In the Game of Life mobile app, players spin the number wheel, then move the number of spaces the spinner lands on. The board tiles are full of unexpected events that can be lucky, unlucky, or also neutral. For instance, you could get a promotion at work, or you might have had an expensive car accident. The events are random. You collect money to pay for these unexpected events through regular paydays from whichever career you choose.
If you don’t like your job, there are opportunities to change your career as you go. You could also go to college first for higher pay. However, you might lose your job to a better-qualified player. You can choose your paths to fit your goals, like traveling somewhere new, having a big family, or becoming famous. The aim of the game is to live the best way you can before retirement. There are two retirement options at the end of the game. The player with the most assets wins.
- Online Mode: You can play online against other people in real-time in a race for retirement
- Themed Boards: Explore different life mobile app game themes, like a big city or the traditional 1998 board game
- Quick Game: Go down a shorter, more intense path to reach the end in record time
- In-Game Purchase Options: Make the game a little easier, or more adventurous, with new cards or pack downloads that you can buy
- Connect with Online Players: Send small blurbs and emojis to express how you feel throughout a game
- Share a Game: Gather up to three friends around your device for a classic game of life battle
- Autosave allows you to come back to a locally played or classically played game.
- Crunched for time? The single-player minigames give you the Game of Life experience without the winding board.
- Season passes are in-game purchases that unlock unique themed boards and also gives you access to celebration packs.
- Great way to occupy kids!
- You can challenge Facebook friends and take turns spinning and moving through the FB messenger app.
- Colorful 3D graphics!
- You never have to worry about lost board game pieces.
- Online mode often crashes due to too many people playing online at once.
- If a player leaves mid-game, a computer has to take their position, which can cause the game to freeze.
- Internet connection is required to play, even if you’re not playing online.
- Changing devices can sometimes erase your in-game purchases.
- The initial download fee is for the basic board only, then you have to pay more for other boards, packs, and characters.
Why Download/Install the App
You should download the Life game for nostalgia and especially the classic fun. This is a small slice of your childhood, especially if you grew up in the 1990s when the board and pieces were old-fashioned with zero tech.
The modern download to Life throws in heaps of new features that allow you to live as frugally or glamorously as you would like. You can be something totally different from who you actually are by taking risks where you would normally play it safe.